Water is a crucial element, but it also has destructive properties if it gets in your commercial business or residential property due to leaking water or extreme weather conditions such as a flood. As the most common type of property damage, any water source inside and outside your property can cause water damage, including burst pipes, plumbing issues, leaks, rain, floods, and overflows. Damage water can quickly spread into your home or business by getting absorbed in building materials and furnishings. The affected materials then become stained, weakened, and susceptible to mold growth, leading to serious damage. The essential thing to do when you detect water damage on your property is to address it immediately by calling a water damage restoration service.
Pacific NW Restoration service is an independent business licensed to provide high-quality and professional water damage restoration services in Portland, Oregon. We help residential and commercial properties affected by excess water and flooding. Our specialists can remove standing flood water and excess moisture using our advanced water extraction and drying equipment. Once we remove the water and moisture, we clean up and restore the affected areas returning them to their initial condition.
Can water leaks cause structural damage?
Any amount of excess moisture or water, whether it is flooding or a leak, can cause serious damage to your home or business. Flood water immediately results in serious damage as standing water quickly gets absorbed by surrounding building materials and furnishings, leading to stains, rotting, and structural damage. Water leaks and spills can result in significant damage over time as porous materials such as wood, flooring, insulation, and drywall absorb the water and permit it to spread. If granted adequate time, water leaks can result in structural damage.
What damage can a water leak cause to residential or commercial property?
One of the biggest risks of water damage is mold growth. Mold thrives in moist conditions. The risk of mold growth increases immensely if water damage is not addressed within 1-2 days. Furthermore, if the damage is worse, it will put the health of exposed individuals at risk. Addressing water damage as soon as possible help contain its spread and prevent mold growth or serious structural damage.
How water leaks can cause extensive damage to your property in Forest Grove, OR
A simple water leak is one of the ‘seemingly minor’ problems that you should tackle immediately you detect it. Ignoring a minor leak can eventually lead to major water damage or flooding and costly repairs. Most homeowners want to prevent major water damage and flooding at all costs. If this happens to you, it can be dreadful to deal with. Even a minor leak coming from a showerhead or old bathtub or a leaking pipe can cause extensive damage to your home. This can result in costly repairs, not forgetting the destruction of your property. Nonetheless, below is how water leaks can cause extensive damage to your property in Forest Grove, OR.
· If you have a leaky pipe and it bursts during the night while you are sleeping, it can have time to wreak havoc on your property.
· Water leaks can occur in walls, which, surprisingly, can lead to some of the most expensive damages. They can go for months behind a wall or even years before being detected. If a lot of time goes by, the leak can saturate the wood and insulation, potentially causing serious structural damage.
· A minor pipe leak can cause severe damage to hardwood flooring, carpet, and ceilings. Leaks can leave visible water stains and other irreversible damage. Additionally, a water leak can cause mold, which is detrimental to your health.
· Flood does not necessarily come from inside your property. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you ensure that the cracks in your property’s foundation are sealed around doorframes and windows. You would not want water from outside getting inside your property. As far as landscaping is concerned, ascertain that the water runoff is directed away from your home.
· Beware. Most insurance policies do not cover water damage. Thus, you should read the fine print. If your insurance policy has an exclusion for water damage or flooding, you may have to use out-of-pocket money to cater for the cost.
As a property owner, you need to be heedful about potential water leaks in your residential or commercial property. The financial repercussions of small leaks can be significant and cause substantial property damage or loss.
If you notice leaking water on your property, do not ignore it. You can easily save up on massive repair costs by contacting a water damage restoration service. At Pacific NW Restoration service, we can help you solve all the damage that water leaks may cause in your home. Feel free to contact us any time you detect a water leak in your property and get a free estimate.
What causes a pipe leak?
Water leaks in Riverside County and Orange County are often caused by a pipe leak, but what causes a pipe leak?
· Broken water seals. All appliances connected to your plumbing system have seals around the water connectors. These keep water flowing inside your residential property. If you detect a lot of condensation around your refrigerator or dishwasher, the water seal may be broken, causing a pipe leak.
· High water pressure. You may enjoy the high water pressure on your shower. However, there is only so much water pipes can handle. High water pressure may be ideal in the shower, but not when it causes a pipe leak.
· Pipe corrosion. Water pipes rust, and it is inevitable. The tendency of ignoring minor issues in our homes results in major issues. If you detect discoloration or dripping coming from your copper pipes or warping, call a professional from a water leak detection service. Have them gauge the situation and act quickly before what causes a pipe leak turns into broken pipes.
·Broken pipe joints. Pipe joints connect pipes from one end to the other. They are the most susceptible parts of your piping system. Similar to copper pipes, joint pipes corrode and rust over time. When checking for what causes a pipe leak, check out your pipe joints. Most pipe joints are not visible in your property’s piping system.
Therefore, you should use your ears to check for possible broken pipe joints. When you hear lots of clinking and clanging when turning on hot water, it indicates broken pipe joints.
· Clogged water lines. Clogged drains result in nuisances but can easily be fixed with a drain cleaner. Clogged water lines can cause a pipe leak, water damage, and broken pipes. Water continually backs up in your building resulting in high water pressure in your piping system, thus a water leak. If left unclogged, your pipes can easily burst. Therefore, if you have a water line that you cannot unclog, contact a plumber from our water leak detection service before the situation worsens.
A pipe leak can cause serious damage to your property if not fixed early. Thus, if you notice any pipe leak caused in your building, do not hesitate to contact the water damage restoration experts at our water leak detection service. Our technicians can hastily assess the situation before further damage is done to your property. Furthermore, working with us will save you a lot of money considering your costs if you work with our water damage restoration industry competitors.
Are water leaks costly repairs?
When it comes to water leak detection in Orange County, the rates can vary drastically depending on the water damage restoration service you need. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere between $500 to $2000 for Orange County water leak detection and resolution. However, factors like time, difficulty, and job size can accelerate the water damage restoration cost. Needless to worry, you can always find more affordable water leak detection services with The Pacific NW.
Restoration team, which offers coupons, discounts, and competitive pricing for their water leak detection services. Also, as a homeowner, you may wonder whether insurance providers cover water leak detection and repairs caused by leaking water. Well, insurance policies differ. Thus, you should talk with your insurance company for the most accurate information.
Who is liable for a water leak?
All water companies have a code of practice on leaks. Nevertheless, the liability for repairing the leaking water depends on where the leak source is. If there is a water leak on the external stop valve, side of the meter, or on the public footpath, you are liable to fix the leak. Contrariwise, if it is the first time you experience such a water leak and it does not incur hefty costs, your water company will repair it, but they do not have to. Moreover, they could ask you to pay, but offer you something towards the cost.
Nonetheless, if there is an issue with the water meter, the water company is liable. If the leaks are because of a burst pipe or damaged water pipe, repairing depends on which part of the pipe is damaged.
What happens if you have a water leak under your house?
Pacific NW Restoration provides the highest quality and professional water damage restoration services for water damage, mold damage, and fire and smoke damage to customers all over Oregon. Once you detect a water leak in your house, contact our water leak detection technicians. We will hastily arrive at your property to stop the spread of water and begin the restoration process.
·Initial inspection. After assessing the damage extent, we will determine how deep the water has been absorbed using moisture meters and thermal imaging cameras. This allows us to discover any hidden leak or water damage.
· Water removal. We remove standing water from flooring, tile, carpet, and under cabinets using truck-mounted water extraction equipment.
· Carpet drying. During the carpet drying process, excess water is absorbed. The carpet becomes more vulnerable to damage water. Our technicians can determine if your carpet can be saved based on its age and condition, the period it was exposed to water, the water type: clean water, gray water, or black water, and water temperature. If it cannot be saved, we will remove it from your house.
· drying. We strategically place air movers and dehumidifiers throughout your house to vaporize moisture from affected materials and air spaces. This process takes less than a week to complete.
· Mold removal. Our water damage restoration company encompasses licensed, trained, and experienced experts in removing mold growth in your house. We first set up a containment chamber to prevent further spreading, then utilize the latest technology: advanced products and techniques to remove it.
· Monitoring. During the drying process, we monitor the progress and check your house using moisture meters. If necessary, we arrange the air movers and dehumidifiers for more effective drying.
Should you enlist the services of a water leak detection company?
Water damage is an emergency irrespective of the damage extent. Thus, you should not hesitate to contact our water damage restoration contractors at Pacific NW Restoration if a water leak or flooding affects your home or business. Upon arrival to your property, our water damage restoration experts can limit or repair water damage on your house and have it restored to its initial condition. We are available 24/7 at 503-241-8951 to respond to water leak detection and water damage emergencies.